How To Start An Opinion Essay: A Quick Guide For Newbies
Talking about an opinion essay, whether in the company of family, friends, neighbours, or colleagues, everybody has his or her own opinion about a given issue. This is why when one person says something about a given issue, you would always find yourself arguing based on your take on the issue. Now let us relate this scenario to your academic work. There is definitely a huge difference. The major difference is that unlike the spontaneous views you give while arguing with loved ones, you take your time to plan and properly put your thoughts into order before you make your opinion known.
It is this proper planning that sets the stage for how your opinion essay turns out. Now for those newbies who are writing this type of academic paper for the first time, here is a quick guide on how to start and complete your opinion academic paper. The tips are as follows:
- Pick An Interesting Topic: Sometimes your tutor decides to assign the topic on which you are to write on and at other times, you are asked to pick your own topic. If you wish to write an amazing paper, it is then in your best interest to choose not just a relevant topic but one that also interests you.
- Research: After the topic has been picked, the next process is to carry out researches in order to gather enough information for the writing process. As you research, make sure to take notes and bookmark helpful sites. Make sure to find out as much as possible about what other people’s viewpoint is on the same issue or object you are writing about.
- Create Outline: Based on the information you have gathered, both offline and online, the next thing to do is to create the outline for your academic paper. This is a symbolic map that determines how your content flows and is mostly made up of the thesis statement, maximum number of topic sentences which makes up the body paragraphs and finally, the conclusion.
- Start Writing: First you need to develop your thesis statement. In doing this, make sure that this part of your opinion essay is arguable, instead of stating something that is already obvious. You then move on to writing the body paragraphs, taking it one topic sentence at a time. The last part of the writing is the conclusion, which simply restates your opinion as earlier stated.
This is just a quick guide that would help you start and complete your opinion essay, especially if you are writing such academic paper for the first time.
- Write an esay for me
- Write an essay for me
- Expository essay samples
- US history samples
- Writing about soccer
- Essay about a friend
- Narrative essays samples
- Writing about guns
- How to hire a writer
- Essay on divorce
- Free college papers
- Essay writing services
- How to buy essays online
- Persuasive essay tips
- Descriptive essay writing
- Writing about violence
- Creating an essay thesis
Good essay writing service for college students.